Small Joys - The Small Things That Make Me Happy


I was recently inspired by my blog crush Lydia Millen to write about the small joys in my life. It's easy to get swept up and feel like happiness is waiting for you once you've reached your goal but really, there is happiness in every day! I get so much out of just slowing down and stopping to think about all the things I'm grateful for and all the little happy parts of my day that get forgotten about when I'm stressing about the bigger things.

TEA
Tea literally makes everything better. Whether I'm tired, sad, bored, stressed, feeling cosy, hungover... tea is just always the answer.

Early morning showers
I cannot function normally until I've had my shower. I take for granted how much I love those 5 mins in the morning! If I have a bit more time I like to step up my shower game with a scrub (this one from & Other Stories is my fave). I'm also now feeling further inspired by Lydia's post to get some energising shower gel just to make shower time evennn better.

My Koala
Yes, I'm talking about a teddy. A quick back story.. I was having one of those days where everything was just going wrong and I didn't feel too well so I felt a little bit emotional. To cheer me up, Ollie said I could have an early Christmas present (what a babe) and presented me with a big koala teddy. He calls me koala so it was cute anyway but the teddy itself was so soft and the thought was just so lovely that I cried and I pretty much haven't stopped hugging him (the koala, not Ollie) since! Who knew a teddy could be so comforting!! I'll insert a pic so you can see the cuteness haha..


My quick evening routine
I take 10 minutes each evening to do my teeth and take my make up off and it has quickly become one of my favourite parts of the day! I love trying out all different acids and creams on my face and I think I've found some products that work! If you are looking to introduce some skincare, I would highly recommend checking out The Ordinary and reading up on some of their products. They're all so affordable! I've also recently re-discovered my face roller. It's so relaxing and the simple act of a bit of self care makes me happy!




Twitter
I think it's my new favourite app. It makes me die, I just love scrolling down my feed and reading everyones tweets. I normally full on 'lol' a few times each time I go on it. I really need to start interacting on there but I only have like 10 followers haha (@lifewithla_ if you would like to make me feel less lonely on there) I just love it because it genuinely makes me happy and it isn't the fake, curated fun that everyone seems to be having on Insta which I find so much more refreshing!

So there's my little list of everyday joys! Of course there are more - the more obvious ones, such as FOOD, Ollie, family (I'm a very obsessive aunty), my friends etc but these are just the little things that I tend to ignore but I am definitely more mindful of now - I'd love to know yours! x

Comments

  1. Great post! All the best with your 2020 resolutions <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sorry I only just saw this - can you tell i'm new to blogging?! haha x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts