Halloumi Salad - Recipe

Coming at you with some salad inspo. This is my ultimate favourite salad - not the healthiest but it's just so damn good! I make the pesto which is just the best ever. Give it a try and also let me know your fave salads - I need inspiration!!



(Quantities obviously depend on how many you're making the salad for)

Ingredients:

Mixed leaves
Tomatoes
Courgette
Halloumi
Sweet red peppers
Pesto (homemade is sooo much better!)

For the pesto:

Handful of basil
1 large garlic glove (crushed)
Juice of 1 lemon
60g parmesan
50g toasted pine nuts
5 tablespoons olive oil

How to make:

I had some time so I roasted the red pepper but I am sure you could griddle it if you were shorter on time!

I then made the pesto - so easy and so worth it. I put the pine nuts into a frying pan on their own to toast and then added these to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and blitzed until smooth. Ta-da - homemade pesto! You can obviously taste it at this point to see if it needs anything else added!

Griddle the halloumi and courgette (I put a little salt & pepper on the courgette) and to be extra, I melted a small amount of butter and added some garlic and fried the tomatoes for a couple of mins.

Then you literally just assemble all on to a plate! Let me know if you try it! x





Comments

  1. Halloumi salad is my all time favourite restaurant or cafe pick, but i’ve never had it home made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts