Running Diary - Week 5

Week 5 of Couch 2 5k in the bag! I actually finished that week a while ago but I’ve been busy so totally forgot to write about it but I’m ill now (boooo) so here it is! In fairness week 5 totally took me longer than a week again but who cares, I still did it and I’m proud of myself for sticking to it!

This is the week I have really started to see an improvement in my fitness, I’m running for much longer and I’m finding it much easier. However, I have had to start slowing my speed down which is something I really didn’t want to do as my main goal was to be able to run faster and do 5k in 30mins (or under). So that’s just something I’m going to need to work harder on next week! I think it’s more of a mind thing, I just don’t believe that if I run faster I will be able to run for as long. So as the running segments are getting longer, I’m automatically slowing down to ensure I will be able to run for that specific amount of time.

Week 5 is separated into 3 different runs:

Run one: 5 min run, 3min walk - repeated 3 times. I actually found this one pretty easy. 5 mins when you’re listening to music doesn’t feel too long at all!

Run two: 8min run, 5min walk, 8min run. This is where I started to slow down because I didn’t feel like I could keep to a faster pace for a full 8 mins. And me being me, I didn’t want to fail so I just slowed down instead which meant I did it (woo!) but I wasn’t very impressed with the time.

Run three: 20 MINUTES RUNNING NO STOPPING. So I had prepped myself for this run after my previous one, thinking just go faster you can do it!! Opened the app and it said 20 mins running no stopping?! Such a big jump!!! I’m so proud of myself for doing it but I definitely feel like I went slower.

The app tells you to trust the process, so I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing and hopefully I’ll be able to speed up - I still have a few weeks to go so I’m feeling positive!!! The weather is also so much nicer to run in now - although I still manage to look like a hot sweaty tomato at the end of every run. Any tips?!
Should probably change my route but look how pretty 💖

Comments

Popular Posts