Invisalign - Half Way Update

So I’m just changing my aligner to 11, I have 21 trays in total so I’m half way through! Due to the lockdown, I wasn’t able to visit my dentist to have my teeth filed (not painful at all, it’s just unpleasant because of the noise it makes!) which needed to be done at week 10 so I was told to keep the trays in for 10 days at a time instead of 7 so I should be further along by now but never mind!

When I look in the mirror I can notice a slight difference but I think because I’m looking for perfectly straight teeth I get abit disappointed but looking at the photos I can see a big difference! I’m so impatient but I’m glad the improvements are showing! I’m so so excited for the day I finish the treatment, I’m also booked in for whitening so I hope to be full Ross Geller come September.

I’m due to go back to the dentist again next week to have some more buttons/attachments put on the front four teeth. This should speed things up abit, but it is kind of annoying because I’m basically going to look like I have fixed braces and that’s one of the main reasons I chose Invisalign instead!

Painwise, I have barely had any pain. I had fixed braces when I was a teenager (never wore my retainer oops) and I remember the pain and this is so much better in my opinion. I read up horror stories when I was researching Invisalign so maybe I’ve just been lucky but so far so good, I only had proper pain in the first few weeks.

So far, I’ve been lucky that we’ve been in lockdown so I’ve found brushing my teeth after food easy, thoroughly annoying, but easy. Now we are easing, I’m finding it a little bit harder to wear them for the recommended 22hours a day. I went to a BBQ the other day and had to excuse myself to go and brush my teeth and couldn’t eat/drink anything apart from water for the rest of the afternoon so I guess that is going to have to be my new normal for the next few months!

My thoughts so far are that whilst this is the best thing I have done for myself (I’ve always been so self conscious of my teeth) I think if I could make the choice again, I’d probably just choose fixed braces. You can get clear ones so they wouldn’t be too obvious close up and then you would avoid all the faff of having to take them out and brushing your teeth every time you eat or drink. I’m a tea lover, but I can’t just have endless cups throughout the day anymore and I miss it so much! To be fair, I had been warned of this before I made my decision but I didn’t listen because I was sucked into the idea that I could take these out. In reality, you still have the attachments on your teeth so it’s still obvious up close so fixed braces really wouldn’t be so different!

If you have any questions on Invisalign, let me know and I’ll be happy to help!! Here’s my progress so far:



From the side they aren’t quite so straight but front on they are starting to look goood

Comments

Popular Posts